There are a variety of short courses offered through all universities, colleges, and private schools.
The NQF is a comprehensive system approved by the Minister of Education for the incorporation of national qualifications. The NQF aims to:
- create a single integrated national framework for learning achievements
- facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within education, training and career paths
- enhance the quality of education and training
- accelerate the redress of past unfair discrimination in education, training and employment opportunities
NQF Accredited means:
For Higher Education; NQF accredited means a qualification accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE), registered on the NQF by SAQA and offered by a provider that is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
For General and Further Education and Training; NQF accredited means a qualification accredited by Umalusi, registered on the NQF by SAQA and offered by a provider that is registered with the DHET or by the Head of the Provincial Department of Education.
For the Trades and Occupations sector; NQF accredited means a qualification accredited by the Quality Council on Trades and Occupations (QCTO), registered on the NQF by SAQA and offered by institutions that are accredited by the appropriate authority.
For searchable databases of qualifications and unit standards visit: http://www.saqa.org.za/show.asp?include=qualstds.html
- Continuing Education at University of Pretoria:http://ceweb01.eatup.co.za/
- Unit for Continuing Education at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University:http://www.nmmuac.za/default.asp?id=193&bhcp=1
- Monash University Australia – South African Campus:http://www.monash.ac.za/prospective/short_courses/
- Gordon Institute of Business Studies:http://www.gibs.co.za/about-executive-education/short-courses.aspx
- School of Public Management and Planning:http://www.sopmp.sun.ac.za/content/view/?page_id=25
- Inscape Design College:http://www.inscape.co.za/courses_short.php
- University of Johannesburg:http://www.uj.ac.za/en/faculties/management/coursesandprogrammes/Pages/ShortCourses.aspx
- Graduate School of Business University of Cape Town:http://www.gsb.uct.ac.za/s.asp?p=51
- Academy of digital arts:http://friendsofdesign.net/short-courses/
- University of Kwazulu Natal:http://qpa.ukzn.ac.za/shortcourses.aspx
- Milpark Business School:http://www.milpark.ac.za/Default.aspx?id=72
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology:http://www.cput.ac.za/index.php?option=com_content&;view=article&id=247&Itemid=88
- SAE institute:http://capetown.sae.edu/en-gb/course_category/5764/Short_Courses
- Stellenbosch University:http://shortcourses.sun.ac.za/
- International Hotel School:http://www.hotelschool.co.za/short-courses
- Rhodes University:http://www.ru.ac.za/businessschool/shortcourses/
- Cranefield College:http://www.cranefield.ac.za/short-courses/class-based-short-courses/class-based-short-courses.html
- AAA School of advertising:http://www.aaaschool.co.za/content/view/111/237/
- Photo SAhttp://www.photosa.co.za/services/course.php/
- Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute:http://www.westerncape.gov.za/eng/directories/services/16234/128948
- Wits Enterprise at Wits university:http://hermes.wits.ac.za/enterprise/courses/index.html
- CAD Training:http://www.cadtraining.co.za/courses/short-courses.html
- IMM Graduate School of Marketing:http://www.imm.co.za/bsm/short-courses.php
- http://www.coolcourses.co.za/index.shtml(an online directory to in short courses, lessons and workshops).
- University of the Free State:http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/slp.aspx